Interpreter of Maladies

Monday, March 31, 2008

Marriage, Consulting and much more

It has been a gruelling six months since I have actually dropped in to write a word. I can give those meandering excuses about work and personal problems but I guess nothing answers it best than a post itself.
I was busy getting married. Life after marriage is difficult in an additional dimension - all by itself. Marriage blesses you with a partner who values you and keeps you secured but it also forcefully at first and benignly at the next, teaches you to take care of this other someone. The brain revolts and the heart tries to get around the problem but there is no solution in sight. You hate sharing almirahs, furniture, bathrooms. You even hate the fact that the other person never arranges things in the way you always do. That - according to me - is singlehandedly the biggest challenge of married life. Once you get past that, it is always easy to build a life together.
I always thought marriage would be a cakewalk. I had everything in place - the right guy, the long relationship, the amenable parents. The wedding hullaballoo was tolerable - I came pretty much unscathed out of all that jamboree. But, it is when the fineries are safely stocked in suitcases, the curtains are rolled up- that it all starts to sink in :)
Well, forgot the cribs of a newly married. I should talk about work. By far - the more interesting and enriching part of my life (as I would have you believe). Consulting is a monster in itself. It all starts with the promise of great work - which I did in leaps and bounds and then sinks to the mortaliest and clumsiest piece of work that remains on the face of the earth. Well, those are the labor pains of the lifecycle - you have to be a cocoon once (and for a long time) to finally attain that butterfly like stage (i.e. if you last long enough to see it)
I am so glad I am writing again. Maybe this is horrendous to read and sounds really frustrating at this time but I am sure it will take just that small bit of time before I come back.

Sayonara until then

Posted by reclusive_catalyst :: 4:19 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------